About Us: Brazoria County Tobacco Task Force
Our mission: To prevent and reduce the illegal and harmful use of tobacco products in Brazoria County.
About the Task Force:
The Tobacco Prevention Task Force was formed in 2014 because the Galveston County Community Coalition recognized the need to address the public health impact and economic toll that tobacco use has on the Galveston County community.
The Tobacco Prevention Task Force is now in Brazoria County.
The Task Force takes a comprehensive approach to reducing the negative effects of tobacco use through implementation of strategies to prevent tobacco use, enforcement of existing laws, and support for people who want to quit smoking. The Task Force is made up of committed individuals representing law enforcement, education, health care and mental health services, nonprofits, other concerned citizens, and youth.
We need you to help make Brazoria County healthy and tobacco free!
Join us today!
BACODA is funded by TDSHS, United Way, fees for services, foundations, and donations.
1. Prevent tobacco use among youth.
2. Help those who want to quit
3. Reduce exposure to secondhand smoke.
4. Promote enforcement of existing federal, state, and local tobacco laws.
5. Reduce tobacco use among populations with the highest burden of tobacco-related health disparities
6. Support statewide capacity for comprehensive tobacco prevention and control.
Tobacco Prevention Task Force
Omari Armstrong Woodard